Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Facebook and Narcissism
InfiniteOne
post Nov 21, 2018, 01:23 AM
Post #1

Awakening

Group: Admin
Member No.: 40290

I have been noticing what seems to me to be a ton of narcissistic personality disorder tendencies among Facebook users lately. Any thoughts?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
InfiniteOne
post Nov 21, 2018, 01:30 AM
Post #2

Awakening

One of the things I definitely learned back in some of the first days of the Internet as we saw with MySpace and many of the other dot com flops, is that Internet users can be fickle and internet traffic flows can literally change direction in an instant. A company can be at the top of the Internet food chain one day and be made virtually obsolete the next. It all depends on traffic volume. Without user growth and increasing traffic, valuations of tech companies begin to dry up fast. I hope we can keep moving BM progressively forward well into the future!
+Quote Post
InfiniteOne
post Nov 22, 2018, 12:28 PM
Post #3

Awakening

Will definitely be interesting to see the ultimate fates of Twitter and Snapchat moving forward. Twitter definitely has a greater foothold and deeply embedded in a ton of websites, but Snapchat hardly at all. Likely that Snapchat will either be bought out by one of the bigger firms or their technology will be integrated elsewhere (ie. Instagram or similar). I think we are likely to see increased integration in tech across the board.
+Quote Post
InfiniteOne
post Dec 06, 2018, 07:23 PM
Post #4

Awakening

One of the things I have realized and learned thru social media is how few friends I really have. I'm sure this is true for most people. In the end, we really have to be our own best friend.
+Quote Post
InfiniteOne
post Dec 06, 2018, 07:30 PM
Post #5

Awakening

I have also come to the realization that so few of my so-called friends and family really care about my work. Even if I create something absolutely incredible and make major breakthroughs, either no one cares or there's jealousy (perhaps a combination of both). Most people seem to like the ordinary much more than the extraordinary. They really don't seem to care much at all, even when someone accomplishes the nearly miraculous.

I can feel excruciatingly alone even when surrounded by people who supposedly love me.
+Quote Post
InfiniteOne
post Dec 06, 2018, 07:57 PM
Post #6

Awakening

Ultimately we truly need to find the utmost validation from within for the great things we do.
+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2019 - 04:47 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

BrainMeta is supported by:

The Neurological Foundation & CerebralHealth.com

BrainMeta is powered by:

UVISI: Universal Virtual Intelligence Singularity Infinity
info@uvisi.com