Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is knowledge infinite?
Hey Hey
post Jan 03, 2007, 01:11 AM
Post #1

Supreme God

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 845

Is knowledge infinite? Will humans (in whatever future form) be involved in an eternal quest for knowledge that will satisfy their reason for existence?

Is all we do in life play with toys? Knowledge/information toys, electronic toys, sex toys etc. What will be the next toy?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Enki
post Jan 03, 2007, 03:59 AM
Post #2

Supreme God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 3458

QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Jan 02, 2007, 10:11 PM) *

Is knowledge infinite?

Yes. Variety of things brings knew knowledge about those varieties, combination of items creates new items/things and thus we need to acquire new knowledge about those new items/things. Combinations are innumerable so the knowledge is infinite.

Will humans (in whatever future form) be involved in an eternal quest for knowledge that will satisfy their reason for existence?

I think that the quest will not be eternal. I guess that one day majority of humans will clearly percept their reason of existence.

Is all we do in life play with toys?

No.

Kowledge/information toys, electronic toys, sex toys etc. What will be the next toy?

Imaginary toys conceived in brain, which will be possible to share with others.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Jan 03, 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #3

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

What will be the next toy?

All I want for Christmas is a wormhole:

http://www.zamandayolculuk.com/cetinbal/As...WeeklyFacts.htm

They take, Visa, MC, and Amex
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 03, 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #4

God

From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Member No.: 4838

WORMHOLES, THEORETICAL PHYSICS AND COSMOLOGY
CB, thanks for your gift: this wonderful information about the new physics. And thanks, especially, for leading me to the information about the life and work of Kip Thorne of UCLA.

Now I know why I studied some basic physics--and chemistry--even though I did not go into science as a career choice. I have a feeling that cosmology and theology are coming closer and closer together and that both need the guidance of philosophy.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Jan 03, 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #5

Supreme God

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jan 03, 2007, 10:18 AM) *

WORMHOLES, THEORETICAL PHYSICS AND COSMOLOGY
I have a feeling that cosmology and theology are coming closer and closer together and that both need the guidance of philosophy.

You're welcome. I don't know where you're going with this, but I like the sound of it. I hope that, somehow, you're right.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 03, 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #6

God

From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Where I am going, and have been, is this: When I use the "code button" GØD (as Love) I mean that which equals all, infinite and eternal knowledge, power, and wisdom under the discipline of a loving (agape/Love-filled) imagination.

If this does not fit in with the criteria of this topic, I am easy. I can drop it, or take it elsewhere.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Jan 03, 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #7

Supreme God

I still don't know where you're going with this, but I still like it!
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Jan 03, 2007, 04:16 PM
Post #8

Supreme God

Member No.: 3202

I think there is a freezing state!
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 03, 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #9

God

CB, I need to ask: Have you and I had a dialogue about the god-question?

Keep in mind: I gave up believing in the traditional god-concept--that is, thinking about God as a human-like, male and supernatural being--quite early in my theological studies. Fortunately, the UC of Canada, allowed--even encouraged--new ways of thinking, theologically.

However, it took me a number of years to develop a theological language, rooted in faith and reason, with which I could feel comfortable. Thanks to philosophers such as Alfred North Whitehead--he was also a great mathematician--I finally found some of the words to express what I believe, and think I know.

Are you familiar with what I have written about this journey?

+Quote Post
code buttons
post Jan 03, 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #10

Supreme God

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jan 03, 2007, 01:56 PM) *

Keep in mind: I gave up believing in the traditional god-concept--that is, thinking about God as a human-like, male and supernatural being--quite early in my theological studies. Fortunately, the UC of Canada, allowed--even encouraged--new ways of thinking, theologically.

However, it took me a number of years to develop a theological language, rooted in faith and reason, with which I could feel comfortable. Thanks to philosophers such as Alfred North Whitehead--he was also a great mathematician--I finally found some of the words to express what I believe, and think I know.

I've told you this before, but I guess you forgot. I don't read your posts. Most of them strike me a dogmatic blabbery. You keep saying the same thing over and over again. So, I used to read them; but now I just skim through them real quick and move on, as I know what they usually say.
Do you suffer from Alzheimer's disease? Respectfully: You seem to ask the same questions over and over. I give you an answer and you ask the same question a week later. And so on, over and over.
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Jan 03, 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #11

Supreme God

Yes, and you're also in danger of being bumped if you keep diverting from the topic in ALL of the boards!
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 03, 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #12

God

CB, your recent post is not a reply to my comments and question, it a verbal spanking and a scolding lecture, which I resent, very much.

After admitting, "I don't read your posts" you then say, " Most of them strike me a dogmatic blabbery." How would you know, without reading them?

Please quote me one example where I announed: This is dogma.

I would like to know how many agree with what I feel is a vicious verbal assault.

If you did not want to hear from me, why did you not say so, in the first place?
All you needed to do was to say NOTHING and you would not have heard from me again.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Jan 03, 2007, 05:23 PM
Post #13

Supreme God

QUOTE(code buttons @ Jan 03, 2007, 05:11 PM) *

I've told you this before, but I guess you forgot. I don't read your posts. Most of them strike me a dogmatic blabbery. You keep saying the same thing over and over again. So, I used to read them; but now I just skim through them real quick and move on, as I know what they usually say.
Do you suffer from Alzheimer's disease? Respectfully: You seem to ask the same questions over and over. I give you an answer and you ask the same question a week later. And so on, over and over.

lol
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 03, 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #14

God

Keep in mind, CB: I wrote: "... If this does not fit in with the criteria of this topic, I am easy. I can drop it, or take it elsewhere." Why did you keep inferring that I say more?

BTW, I have made a BIG Alzheimer's- NOTE to myself: Allow CB and HH to RIP!!!!. As a wise man, Jesus, once said: "Let the DEAD bury their DEAD!!!!!! And I WILL, gladly !! laugh.gif laugh.gif
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Jan 03, 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #15

Supreme God

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jan 03, 2007, 02:23 PM) *

Please quote me one example where I announed: This is dogma.

Here we go again! Dogma, by dictionary definition is:

A doctrinal notion asserted without regard to evidence or truth; an arbitrary dictum.

So, all your posts are dogma. And when you keep repeating yourself over and over again your posts become dogmatic blabbery.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 03, 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #16

God

CB, WHAT NONSENSE!!!!!

"Without regard to evidence?", "... an arbitrary dictum?"

If you assume this is what I am offering then your assumption is totally false!!!

What kind of evidence do you have for saying that this is all I have to offer?

To hear your response, I am all ears, and eyes, and ALL the senses....
Just to be sure:
Are you saying that I am not interested in any kind of scientific evidence for my faith; that I not interested is a reason-based approach to GØD?

If so, I say: What absolute, and even relative, nonsense.

FOR ME, THEOLOGY MUST BE BASED ON SCIENCE, AND OPEN TO BEING TESTED, AT ALL TIMES
As one who thinks of theology as a science, I am all in favour of exploring all kinds evidence, when it is presented, and demonstrated to be scientific evidence. GØD, faith and reason are ONE.

Now present, and demonstrate, what you have to offer which contradicts this, please.

What evidence do you have for what you believe? I am waiting...
=================================================
BTW, do you want to get rid of me in your topics? Rest assured, this is easy: Unless I hear from you:

This is my last post to any topics, or responses, in which you are featured.

I may, as you say, have A's disease, but I know enough to be aware that when what I write is not wanted, and not welcome, it is wise not to impose on anyone. And I will not.

Again, if I do not hear from you, you will not hear from me.

Meanwhile, may the blessing of GØD--That is, the all KNOWLEDGE, POWER and WISDOM there is--what Carl Sagan called the cosmos--be with you, at all times.

Have Fun!!!! smile.gif
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jan 03, 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #17

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

somebody call the Waaaaambulance!
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Jan 03, 2007, 09:15 PM
Post #18

God

Member No.: 4768

QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Jan 02, 2007, 11:11 PM) *

Is knowledge infinite? Will humans (in whatever future form) be involved in an eternal quest for knowledge that will satisfy their reason for existence?

Is all we do in life play with toys? Knowledge/information toys, electronic toys, sex toys etc. What will be the next toy?

Someone give me a definition of knowlege please. In contemplating what is knowlege I have gotten myself into a philosophical black hole and need to get out lol.
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Jan 04, 2007, 12:05 AM
Post #19

Supreme God

Knowledge is power at will (infinite power). Will power. So, Knowledge = Will power. Therefore, Infinite knowledge equals infinite power. There, that was easy! Unless, of course, I'm wrong.
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Jan 04, 2007, 03:03 AM
Post #20

Supreme God

QUOTE(Trip like I do @ Jan 03, 2007, 05:23 PM) *

QUOTE(code buttons @ Jan 03, 2007, 05:11 PM) *

lol

.... burn, multi-style.

+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Jan 04, 2007, 04:14 AM
Post #21

Supreme God

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jan 03, 2007, 10:37 PM) *
Allow CB and HH to RIP!!!!.
What did I do? Showing your true colours? Must be black then. Get thee hence. tongue.gif laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Trip like I do
post Jan 04, 2007, 04:19 AM
Post #22

Supreme God

QUOTE(code buttons @ Jan 04, 2007, 12:05 AM) *

Knowledge is power at will (infinite power). Will power. So, Knowledge = Will power. Therefore, Infinite knowledge equals infinite power. There, that was easy! Unless, of course, I'm wrong.

Which we all posses.... learning how to activate it is key.
+Quote Post
lucid_dream
post Jan 04, 2007, 04:26 AM
Post #23

God

Member No.: 956

Getting back to the topic at hand...

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the relevation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

- H. P. Lovecraft, "The Call of Cthulhu"

Of course, ignorance is not an option; once the universe becomes aware of itself it cannot but attempt full comprehension of itself, in a way, the ultimate vanity. Which leaves us with courting madness, in which case our minds will (or should) be sufficiently augmented to prevent this consequence.
+Quote Post
InfiniteOne
post Dec 06, 2018, 06:20 PM
Post #24

Awakening

Group: Admin
Member No.: 40290

I am under the impression that infinite knowledge, truth, and energy exists everywhere (omnipresence and omniscience at every point in space and time).. If we truly understood the physics of infinity, we could unlock unlimited energy and power. Perhaps fortunately, our knowledge has not progressed far enough yet to understand the complexity of infinite reality.

I'm glad I don't have to know everything or really anything- it takes a huge weight off my back! There is freedom in unknowing.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 04:48 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

BrainMeta is supported by:

The Neurological Foundation & CerebralHealth.com

BrainMeta is enhanced by:

UVISI: Universal Virtual Intelligence Singularity Infinity
info@uvisi.com