Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> On The Spiritual Laziness And Gullibility Of Christians, Islamic Sheep, Buddhists, And Others Who Cannot Think For Themselves
Shawn
post Feb 28, 2006, 03:02 AM
Post #91

God

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 9

So I guess we can safely conclude that we all need to examine our assumptions more closely at times; all of them. However, Dan's point about assumptions and consciousness is interesting.

Lindsay, I hadn't heard about the piled higher and deeper before. That's funny (seriously). What would you say M.D. stands for?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Feb 28, 2006, 03:50 PM
Post #92

God

Group: Basic Member
From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Member No.: 4838

QUOTE(Shawn @ Feb 28, 12:02 AM) *

...Lindsay, I hadn't heard about the piled higher and deeper before. That's funny (seriously). What would you say M.D. stands for?
I will tell you what The Rev. stands for: The revolving one. Comes the revolution, I hope I will not be revolving, too fast...laugh.gif Now, I will leave it to you to reveal what M.D. stands for.

This post has been edited by Lindsay: Feb 28, 2006, 03:53 PM
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Mar 03, 2006, 02:47 PM
Post #93

God

From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada

BTW, I will be away, on vacation in Florida, from this Sunday until March 21.
+Quote Post
Dan
post Mar 04, 2006, 03:50 AM
Post #94

God

Member No.: 96

QUOTE(Rick @ Feb 21, 12:09 PM) *

Welcome back, Dan. PhD in hand, I assume? Congrats on that and on your engagement, too.

I just noticed this post, Rick. I wasn't blowing you off by not responding. I am not yet done Piling it high and Deeper, but I am ever closer. And thanks for the congrats cool.gif

QUOTE(Shawn @ Feb 28, 12:02 AM) *

... Dan's point about assumptions and consciousness is interesting...

yeah, it all makes sense to me now. I'm a natural born seer. I impress myself daily, sometimes more than once huh.gif
+Quote Post
mayonaise
post Mar 05, 2006, 12:31 AM
Post #95

Awakening

Member No.: 4823

My 2 cents on this thread...

Both Joesus and lucid_dream exhibited some sentimentality. I may be wrong.

Sentiment is a lamentable condition of the human kind. This is no illusion.

We should do away with it, completely, and achieve unity so we would never feel we are truly separate from one another.

This post has been edited by mayonaise: Mar 05, 2006, 12:33 AM
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Mar 10, 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #96

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

QUOTE(mayonaise @ Mar 05, 05:31 AM) *

My 2 cents on this thread...

Both Joesus and lucid_dream exhibited some sentimentality. I may be wrong.

Sentiment is a lamentable condition of the human kind. This is no illusion.

We should do away with it, completely, and achieve unity so we would never feel we are truly separate from one another.

Union exists in and of all things. The only reason one doesn't see it or experience it is because of the personal realities that are placed between the inner and the outer.
Compassion is different than sentiment when it comes from a place of knowing.
God/The Heart is always leading one to the greatest thought one can have,... and just a bit further... wink.gif
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Mar 10, 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #97

Supreme God

Member No.: 845

http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13987
+Quote Post
mayonaise
post Mar 10, 2006, 07:48 PM
Post #98

Awakening

QUOTE(Joesus @ Mar 10, 07:17 PM) *

Union exists in and of all things. The only reason one doesn't see it or experience it is because of the personal realities that are placed between the inner and the outer.
Compassion is different than sentiment when it comes from a place of knowing.
God/The Heart is always leading one to the greatest thought one can have,... and just a bit further... wink.gif

I agree but I tend to like to discuss things from a more pragmatic point of view.

At the moment I think that while unity may be achieved by enhanncing the brain (including wiping sentiment), there might always be a certain level even above that, which can only be achieved by spirituality and a lot of meditation. But maybe even that can be duplicated some day.

Yet the prospect of people rising even to that lower level, would be quite spectacular IMO.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Mar 11, 2006, 04:33 AM
Post #99

Supreme God

I agree but I tend to like to discuss things from a more pragmatic point of view.
Points of view are relative

At the moment I think that while unity may be achieved by enhanncing the brain (including wiping sentiment), there might always be a certain level even above that, which can only be achieved by spirituality and a lot of meditation. But maybe even that can be duplicated some day.

Yet the prospect of people rising even to that lower level, would be quite spectacular IMO.

The word spiritual might imply the idea that there is something innate wihin us that connects us at all levels. The idea that it is real may lead us to find that connecting the inner with the outer is within the power of our being. Finding anything simply follows a search on some level whether intellectual or through intuitive resources. Meditation is the focus of attention.

There is a theory I found interesting, that at one time according to Egyptian, possibly Atlantean glyph translation, there were 3 ways that were being used to achieve enlightened awareness.
1. The old fashoned way being that certain people who were conscious enough to be aware of the Union between the unmanifest and the manifest allowed their beliefs which were inspired by their intuitive awareness had focused their attention on this reality to expand their experience of it. They in turn cognized no. 2. which is the passing on of certain aspects in universal laws ofTruth as a clear medium or voice in the capacity of Teacher to the student guiding the student towards their own experience.
Gaining knowledge of the affects of focus on manifest reality these individuals cognized the process of alchemy to combine spirituality and Science, #3. to create soma which when ingested boosted the molecular link between the subtle and the manifest allowing the experience of exhalted perception, or 6th sense and expanded intuition and vision. The idea being that if one was evolved beyond the basic need of the ego to cling to the fear of survival and see beyond the idea that the body rules the mind then the experience would be something that would propel the user into new experiences of the Self rather than scare the crap out of a superstitious person who might only believe the new experiences were dreams or hallucinations.

The theory was that those that would follow the inspiration of the heart to meditate or focus the awareness on that which was inherently true in all things were the clearest channels of Universal mind leading the secondary and third levels of consciously aware humans into a unified civilized structure that was without fear, greed, jealousy, sickness and even death.

I find that the external tools no matter what they are if used properly will give one the experience that they desire. True spirituality is in the expanding of unified principals that unite all beings and things. The Gifts of spiritual union are useless to those who are one sidedly seeking to achieve only material wealth. And material wealth loses its glitter when not integrated with the balance of spiritual awareness due to the fact that feelings, attachments to objects and the experiences of those objects never last. You can get tired of a good thing and there is no appreciation without the contrast of opposites and spiritual awareness.
The mind has to balance itself with both the manifest and unmanifest for neither stands or exists without the other. God cannot exist without Science or the expansion of intellectual knowledge because without the intellect there is no perception of creation being created by the creator. Science cannot exist without God because God is the underlying aspect of all beliefs, perceptions of reality and inspiration.
Even tho the ego believes in itself and its individual points of reference and thinks it can do without one or the other it still doesn't change the fact that Truth exists regardless of belief.

Pragmatism is an ideal that doesn't always lead to union when an individual takes sides in the debate between the realities of science vs God.
I think when you say you like to be pragmatic, that you are saying you're commited to sticking to a certain point of reference and would rather speak in terms of your own thinking and experience.
Combining wisdom and experience allows one to observe objectively rather than living subjectively on one side of the track carrying judgment and living with an attachment to things being a certain way.
All things being relative to something, the universe is only a reflection of the thoughts that we entertain as we create our own reality.
Ultimately you can look at it any way you wish but likes and dislikes are most probably going to be personal.

Some people like Miracle Whip
+Quote Post
Dan
post Mar 11, 2006, 08:40 PM
Post #100

God

QUOTE(Joesus @ Mar 11, 01:33 AM) *
Points of view are relative

that's your point of view tongue.gif
+Quote Post
mayonaise
post Mar 12, 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #101

Awakening

First off Joesus, I have to say that your answer is the best from a spiritual point of view I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I get the feeling you seem to understand what I am saying.

I was unable to quote you so hope you can make out your own text.

" find that the external tools no matter what they are if used properly will give one the experience that they desire. "

Given that there are no tools today that could cause enlightenment, makes this speculation. The tools of today does result in what you say and a mind focused on Intuition/Heart is needed to go further.

" The Gifts of spiritual union are useless to those who are one sidedly seeking to achieve only material wealth. "

I don't think this is necessarily true. I don't see such a separation between people.

" You can get tired of a good thing and there is no appreciation without the contrast of opposites and spiritual awareness. "

I think the appreciation does not necessarily need to be cultivated. The code for it could be found and planted on a person's personality. Also, since attachment is sentiment and sentiment can, I think, be wiped even today, lack of attachment and spirituality are not the same thing - maybe I read you wrong.

What is spirituality? I don't think this has been set in stone. You say it's the contrast. I think that meditation for example makes one see the space between A and B and so icreases the contrast and slows one down. But spirituality can also be dyanmic. Both are methods of weighting with a common goal; yet what that goals exactly is, is hard to put in words.

" I think when you say you like to be pragmatic, that you are saying you're commited to sticking to a certain point of reference and would rather speak in terms of your own thinking and experience. "

I would rather say I like to be uncomfortable with not being able to logicly back up my intuitive experiences. Some may say that this way if I don't surrender to the Heart completely, I cannot see the truth. Well, alright, I guess ufo's can fly around all the time but isn't it a bit too simple to become a Believer after a couple of abductions?

" Combining wisdom and experience allows one to observe objectively rather than living subjectively on one side of the track carrying judgment and living with an attachment to things being a certain way. "

I think so yes. Yet there are many examples of the other extreme (letting experience only guide you) and that puts me off.

" All things being relative to something, the universe is only a reflection of the thoughts that we entertain as we create our own reality. "

So are you saying there are and are not ufo's depending on what one believes? That both realities exist at the same time and are equally valid?

" Some people like Miracle Whip "

smile.gif That can be understood in many funny ways.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Mar 12, 2006, 02:52 AM
Post #102

Supreme God

So are you saying there are and are not ufo's depending on what one believes? That both realities exist at the same time and are equally valid?

Yes
+Quote Post
lucid_dream
post Mar 12, 2006, 03:07 AM
Post #103

God

Member No.: 956

Joesus, what is your opinion of John Welwood?
+Quote Post
Dan
post Mar 12, 2006, 03:57 AM
Post #104

God

John Welwood on gurus
+Quote Post
mayonaise
post Mar 12, 2006, 08:20 AM
Post #105

Awakening

QUOTE(Joesus @ Mar 12, 09:52 AM) *

Yes

Why do you say so? How do you know it is so? If you don't know, Do you feel it?
+Quote Post
mayonaise
post Mar 12, 2006, 08:36 AM
Post #106

Awakening

There could be many spiritual men among schizophrenics - but how do you find out what is real in what they say when they are not mentally stable and/or not able to communicate their experiences well.

Some people have said that there is a difference between an elicited spiritual phenomenon and a genuine one. Naturally no placebo tests can be conducted.

It doesn't surprise me if one eventually could, after becoming open to such a phenomenon, learn to live between the supposed realities. Yet I would think such a state be vulnerable to noise and other stimuli; how could think straight in there, without accidentally imagining a tiger next to you and then trying to will it away and not panicking.

Have any Indians, let alone westerners documented the "changing body size by will" etc. one of the highest forms of mind over matter... I read that some yogis capable of that might still be alive.
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Mar 12, 2006, 12:58 PM
Post #107

Supreme God

Joesus, what is your opinion of John Welwood?

I had never heard of him unitl I read the link posted by Dan.
However skimming through his essay I find there are some useful points that are mentioned regarding surrender, which point to different levels of conscious awareness, which differentiate the Teacher of consciousness and the Teacher of intellect.

Why do you say so? How do you know it is so? If you don't know, Do you feel it?

The universe is ultimately flexible to respond to the desires of any thought. The way you know this is not through the self perceived experiences of ones own past, although they can be useful. The mind can conjure up any amount of reasons as to why things are the way they are.
Differences of opinion according to points of reference in knowledge that are passed down from one to another are based on assumptions about the physical universe that are not connected spiritually to anything stable. They are connected to changing points of reference in the evolutionary knowledge base.

Our own history has shown us that what we determine to be truth through the interpretation of reality based on what we hear and project often distorts the underlying unchanging aspects of all things. Both science and religion have been changing with the need to meet the intellect where it is at and the choices that are made not from consciousness, but consciousness that is obsured beneath the layers of fear based programs of human ego that are threatened by the idea that we, as a species may not be the center of the Universe.. The fear of death and loss of identity leaves us without any form of control.

The way the spiritual masters approach reality is to align with the basic, fundamental principal of all things, which by appearances, are living and non-living.

Once one comes to know this Transcendant home of the consciousness that exists in all of humanity the mind can link itself to any reality, any human experience at will, because the universal mind is not bound by any body, past, present or future. Consciousness is not bound by time and space.
How I know this is the same way any spiritual master knows this. By giving attention to it.

There could be many spiritual men among schizophrenics - but how do you find out what is real in what they say when they are not mentally stable and/or not able to communicate their experiences well.

This is true however there are others who can communicate their experiences of Self mastery well enough and even better, they can lead the ego mind away from the stories of others and the fantasies the ego creates in the ideas of traversing the universe as God in control of things.

The Ego mostly fascinated with its own ideals and points of reference loves to expand its own box, but will never give up control willingly. It fears losing control. So many love to watch and hear the masters tell stories of how you can manipulate time and space, but will never cross a line that might threaten anything they are attached to.
Thousands followed Jesus but only a handful really understood what he was saying. The rest wanted someone or something to take care of them, to take away the very things they were creating from their own ignorance. Their inability to change things because of the beliefs in their own limitations and liabilities.

Some people have said that there is a difference between an elicited spiritual phenomenon and a genuine one. Naturally no placebo tests can be conducted.

Placebo tests are used all the time to show us just how powerful the mind is in influencing our experiences of life. The mind can influence the body and its ability to heal itself. The body is an extension of the mind and the world an extension of the body.

It doesn't surprise me if one eventually could, after becoming open to such a phenomenon, learn to live between the supposed realities. Yet I would think such a state be vulnerable to noise and other stimuli; how could think straight in there, without accidentally imagining a tiger next to you and then trying to will it away and not panicking.

You imagine the idea and you also break it down through your own beliefs in limitation.

Have any Indians, let alone westerners documented the "changing body size by will" etc. one of the highest forms of mind over matter... I read that some yogis capable of that might still be alive.

The bigger question would be, would you believe it if you read it?
The bible makes reference to Jesus walking on water and raising the dead, saying, "these things I do are not of my own will, and these things that I do you can do and even greater things."

Have you read "The life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East" by Baird T. Spalding? It is, according to its claims, the story of a scientific team that traveled into the East and spent several years with spiritual masters. Baird Spalding spent years afterwards lecturing about the reality of God within the individual and the mastery within all of us and how simple it is to achieve if one really desires to know it above and beyond the beliefs in human frailty and limitation.
+Quote Post
Laz
post Mar 16, 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #108

Demi-God

Member No.: 255

Thank you Joesus, you remind me of this, did you see it Mayonaise?
http://brainmeta.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=319&hl=poole

This was both a ufo and not ;0)
+Quote Post
maximus242
post Mar 16, 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #109

God

Member No.: 4768

hmm intresting, well I think illusion or not, religion still serves the same purpose to relieve people of the mental anxiety of life and death. Besides anything and everything is both real and illusion, we all have diffrent sub realities from which we view the world. Think of it this way, are we having the illusion that something doesnt exist or are they having the illusion that something does, or niether?
+Quote Post
code buttons
post Mar 17, 2006, 09:02 AM
Post #110

Supreme God

Member No.: 4556

I can already change size in some of my body parts at will, just by thinking about it.
+Quote Post
Laz
post Mar 17, 2006, 10:13 AM
Post #111

Demi-God

Boooiiiinnnnnggggg!
+Quote Post
post Mar 17, 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #112

Unregistered

hmm intresting, well I think illusion or not, religion still serves the same purpose to relieve people of the mental anxiety of life and death.

So does this bulleting board and TV.

Besides anything and everything is both real and illusion, we all have diffrent sub realities from which we view the world. Think of it this way, are we having the illusion that something doesnt exist or are they having the illusion that something does, or niether?

So your both making a point and not making a point.....

Non commitment the other religion.. dry.gif
+Quote Post
Laz
post Mar 17, 2006, 11:46 AM
Post #113

Demi-God

So your both making a point and not making a point.....

It's what i do best :0) Have you heard of the middle way?

Non commitment the other religion.. dry.gif

might be, might not.
+Quote Post
post Mar 18, 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #114

Unregistered

QUOTE(code buttons @ Mar 17, 06:02 AM) *

I can already change size in some of my body parts at will, just by thinking about it.

"What you put your attention onto, grows".
+Quote Post
post Mar 25, 2006, 12:25 PM
Post #115

Unregistered

QUOTE(Guest @ Mar 18, 12:20 PM) *

QUOTE(code buttons @ Mar 17, 06:02 AM) *

"What you put your attention onto, grows".

I guess some are more interested in putting their attention on their johnson then conscious expansion...
+Quote Post
mayonaise
post Apr 07, 2006, 12:54 PM
Post #116

Awakening

Sorry for the long delay in posting.

>The universe is ultimately flexible to respond to the desires of any thought. The way you know this is not >through the self perceived experiences of ones own past, although they can be useful. The mind can >conjure up any amount of reasons as to why things are the way they are.

This could be true, I've been reading something about this.

>Differences of opinion according to points of reference in knowledge that are passed down from one to >another are based on assumptions about the physical universe that are not connected spiritually to >anything stable. They are connected to changing points of reference in the evolutionary knowledge base.

Are you saying that spirituality is stable, and the evolutionary knowledge base is not?

>Our own history has shown us that what we determine to be truth through the interpretation of reality >based on what we hear and project often distorts the underlying unchanging aspects of all things. Both >science and religion have been changing with the need to meet the intellect where it is at and the choices >that are made not from consciousness, but consciousness that is obsured beneath the layers of fear based >programs of human ego that are threatened by the idea that we, as a species may not be the center of the >Universe.. The fear of death and loss of identity leaves us without any form of control.

I like the concept of 'center of the Universe'. Intriguing. What would we know without fear. What would you know?

Yes - being a social creature also distorts our view of reality, but it may also clarify it. Probably intellect can do this same thing.

>Once one comes to know this Transcendant home of the consciousness that exists in all of humanity the >mind can link itself to any reality, any human experience at will, because the universal mind is not bound >by any body, past, present or future. Consciousness is not bound by time and space.
>How I know this is the same way any spiritual master knows this. By giving attention to it.

Time travel? Past lives? Those experiences can probably be induced but I admit it's scary if what you say is true.

>This is true however there are others who can communicate their experiences of Self mastery well enough >and even better, they can lead the ego mind away from the stories of others and the fantasies the ego >creates in the ideas of traversing the universe as God in control of things.

I like that.

>The Ego mostly fascinated with its own ideals and points of reference loves to expand its own box, but will >never give up control willingly. It fears losing control. So many love to watch and hear the masters tell >stories of how you can manipulate time and space, but will never cross a line that might threaten anything >they are attached to.
Well this is the first time I've ever heard of such a thing from an entity!

Are you saying that universe is built in a way that you're either a God stuck in time and space or a time traveller without control? Scientists should hook you up to an fMRI when you're doing that!

>own ignorance. Their inability to change things because of the beliefs in their own limitations and liabilities.

To change what things? You mean the ultimate yogic abilities?

>>It doesn't surprise me if one eventually could, after becoming open to such a phenomenon, learn to live >>between the supposed realities. Yet I would think such a state be vulnerable to noise and other stimuli; >>how could think straight in there, without accidentally imagining a tiger next to you and then trying to will >>it away and not panicking.
>You imagine the idea and you also break it down through your own beliefs in limitation.
Yes, I'm getting the hang of this...

>>Have any Indians, let alone westerners documented the "changing body size by will" etc. one of the >>highest forms of mind over matter... I read that some yogis capable of that might still be alive.
>The bigger question would be, would you believe it if you read it?

I wouldn't if it was by an unreputable paper. It would take a lot of effort to verify any extraordinary claims. Why don't these people show up on my door and demonstrate their abilities? Because they are too busy in their own thing?

>The bible makes reference to Jesus walking on water and raising the dead, saying, "these things I do are >not of my own will, and these things that I do you can do and even greater things."

Can you do either one?

>Have you read "The life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East" by Baird T. Spalding? It is, according >to its claims, the story of a scientific team that traveled into the East and spent several years with spiritual >masters. Baird Spalding spent years afterwards lecturing about the reality of God within the individual and >the mastery within all of us and how simple it is to achieve if one really desires to know it above and >beyond the beliefs in human frailty and limitation.

I haven't. I welcome books about this stuff with a western point of view.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Apr 07, 2006, 04:32 PM
Post #117

God

QUOTE(lucid_dream @ Feb 12, 09:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Joesus @ Feb 12, 09:24 PM) *
First impressions are often deceiving when one places their own thoughts about reality on the board as being universal Truth.

I did not preach universal truths. I have only conveyed my observations of people in general, and issued a call for people to start thinking more for themselves instead of just accepting as true what religious authorities or others feed them. It is partly out of pity that I issued the call, and also in the hope that some might listen....
And thank you for your input, LD. It is appreciated.

A DREAM REALIZED
By the way, since the first Sunday of January, my wife, Jean, and I have been part of a new congregation of the United Church of Canada. It is called Pathways, and is sponsored by the York Presbytery of the UC. Check out http://www.progressivechristianity.ca/

Since we both re-directed--I do not like the term, retired--in 1994, both of us have dreamed of such a movement. We even thought of starting one, ourselves. Now we do not have to...

THANK YOU, JOHN SHELBY SPONG, and others, such as Marcus Borg (Book: The God We Never Knew, and others).
Pathways is connected to other the progressive Christianity movements throughout the world, including that under the leadership of the Episcopalian Bishop, John Shelby Spong, who is the recently retired Episcopalian bishop of New Jersey. I have met with and conversed with JSS, more than once, at gatherings in Toronto.

ATHEISTS, AGNOSTICS, WHOEVER, WELCOME!
To be a member of Pathways there is one requirement: Be willing to desire, and do your best to be, a decent, open-minded, totally-inclusive and loving human being. If you have any difficulty, let us know. We promise to see what we can do, with your permission, to help you. If we disagree, let us do so, agreeably.

+Quote Post
Joesus
post Apr 09, 2006, 03:00 AM
Post #118

Supreme God

Are you saying that spirituality is stable, and the evolutionary knowledge base is not?

Spirituality is a personal connection to the source of all things, which is of itself stable and unchanging. However spirituality is also a term given to that same relationship which is filtered through changiong personal belief systems.
On the evolutionary path of Spiritual experience there is only one thing that doesn't change. The experience of that is relative to the awareness of time and place.

I like the concept of 'center of the Universe'. Intriguing. What would we know without fear. What would you know?

Only one way to know.. Get there. If you want to know how, it's simply a matter of choice.

Yes - being a social creature also distorts our view of reality, but it may also clarify it. Probably intellect can do this same thing.
If the intellect is sufficiently elevated above and beyond the illusions of the ego yes it can clarify reality.

Time travel? Past lives? Those experiences can probably be induced but I admit it's scary if what you say is true.
What is scary about it?

Are you saying that universe is built in a way that you're either a God stuck in time and space or a time traveller without control? Scientists should hook you up to an fMRI when you're doing that!

No I'm saying that the universe is ultimately flexible to allow you to experience whatever you put your attention on. You are neither stuck or out of control if your experiences are constantly changing along with your thoughts and desires. You may only be disconnected from the reality that you are the creator creating an experience of yourself.

To change what things? You mean the ultimate yogic abilities?

No the awareness of your infinite potential. Yogic abilities a label like supernatural abilities or superhuman abilities or anything that doesn't fit into the current box of beliefs and ideas are words that represent ideas that exceed ones capacity in experience and understanding.

I wouldn't if it was by an unreputable paper. It would take a lot of effort to verify any extraordinary claims. Why don't these people show up on my door and demonstrate their abilities? Because they are too busy in their own thing?

If you know something that another doesn't do you make a point of taking it to others so that they will know it? What would determine to you whether they would be interested or inclined to take it in as part of their universe as you would? Would you become the authority for another so that they would believe and listen to you or would those others find their own interest in what you know in their own time?
What is it that you look for to give another the authority over your present experience of life so that you will say to yourself my experience is incomplete and now I believe what the authority says and will include it in my own repetoire of conscious thought so that it will become my own experience?

There is a saying, "the heart knows no reason" and in that we all have experiences of doing something we would intellectually say makes no sense. Yet in the nonsense there is perfect sense. Will you let others determine your destiny and your beliefs?

>The bible makes reference to Jesus walking on water and raising the dead, saying, "these things I do are >not of my own will, and these things that I do you can do and even greater things."

Can you do either one?
Whether I can or can't isn't the deciding factor in the reality of Truth, or your capacity to believe whether these things are possible. You already know inside whether these things are true, you haven't taken it seriously enough to establish a connection to its reality.

>Have you read "The life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East" by Baird T. Spalding? It is, according >to its claims, the story of a scientific team that traveled into the East and spent several years with spiritual >masters. Baird Spalding spent years afterwards lecturing about the reality of God within the individual and >the mastery within all of us and how simple it is to achieve if one really desires to know it above and >beyond the beliefs in human frailty and limitation.

I haven't. I welcome books about this stuff with a western point of view.

I think you would like the books then if you really mean what you say.
+Quote Post
Plato
post Apr 09, 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #119

Awakening

Member No.: 5003

Joesus,

Does this panel above mean anything to you?

I include the link as well to the subject of "heart" wisdom?

link fixed
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Apr 09, 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #120

Supreme God

QUOTE(Plato @ Apr 10, 02:36 AM) *

Joesus,

Does this panel above mean anything to you?

I include the link as well to the subject of "heart" wisdom?

Your link has two http//'s in the address so I had to fix the address to see what it was, and after looking at the plate and then reading the link I think my answer might be a bit subjective.
However I saw in the upper part a school and in the lower, aspects of the Self leading the aspirant/self through lessons of measure and experience. In what the link describes as the afterlife where the God sits on his throne, my first impression was of a King/God or a master. Where the God that looks like Horace is gesturing, my thought was that he was offering the seat to the student of life in gaining Self mastery.

So I'd say yes it symbolizes the evolution of Man in experience and knowledge.
What I know of the Egyptions is that they, like the Atlanteans, were strongly connected to the teaching and living of Self Mastery. In fact the Egyptians were the same race of people that lived in Atlantis before it was destroyed.

The afterlife that the Egyptians believed in was not one of a physical death but the death of the ego.
+Quote Post

14 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2019 - 07:33 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

BrainMeta is supported by:

The Neurological Foundation & CerebralHealth.com

BrainMeta is enhanced by:

UVISI: Universal Virtual Intelligence Singularity Infinity
info@uvisi.com