Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Philosophy of Religions--I mean all kinds, including yours, Does Richard Dawkins critique religion fairly?
Joesus
post Dec 12, 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #31

Supreme God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 601

Good will is often motivated by personal gain.
In this case if points of view are about
Here is what I suspect is true: I suspect that most of the posters to this forum are secular humanists, bordering on, if not actual, atheism--I will be glad to be proved wrong. If you are a SH, agnostic, whatever, tell us why. If not, why not?
then the personal gain is to assume you are right if not proven otherwise, and to believe you can step into a conversation with everyones balls in your hands.
It's a nice idea but not necessarily one that's going to get you anything.
I would suggest you get over your definition of respect and understanding so you don't take offense when others don't care to meet you at your level of understanding.
Most new agers who come together to politely speak of relative ideas with the idea of maintaining respect rarely speak what's really on their mind so that false pretenses can be maintained to keep everyones feelings up.
Such a co-dependent relationship invariably helps keep everyone asleep and mesmerized by protocol and etiquette, and rarely sparks any real growth in consciousness and understanding of reality.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 08:06 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

BrainMeta is supported by:

The Neurological Foundation & CerebralHealth.com

BrainMeta is enhanced by:

UVISI: Universal Virtual Intelligence Singularity Infinity
info@uvisi.com