post Jan 07, 2007, 11:54 AM
Post #2

Overlord

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 4711

QUOTE(Hey Hey @ Jan 07, 2007, 08:29 AM) *

Classic!

# ARGUMENT FROM MONTY PYTHON
(1) Graham Chapman appeared in a film that made fun of Jesus.
(2) Graham Chapman died of a horrible, incurable disease.
(3) Therefore, God exists.
(3a) And has no sense of humor.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Jan 07, 2007, 03:23 PM
Post #3

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

# ARGUMENT FROM MONTY PYTHON
(1) Graham Chapman appeared in a film that made fun of Jesus.
(2) Graham Chapman died of a horrible, incurable disease.
(3) Therefore, God exists.
(3a) And has no sense of humor.

I guess it all in the way you look at it. I think it's funny.
God was in the humor displayed by Chapman, and in the way he died.

Simple appreciation.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 07, 2007, 04:51 PM
Post #4

God

From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Member No.: 4838

Thanks for that wonderful link, HH.
BTW, I disagree (agreeably of course smile.gif ) with the title of this thread.

ARGUMENTS FOR GOD'S EXISTENCE ARE INFINITE IN NUMBER
In my opinion,there is an infinite number of arguments for the existence of God. My favourite argument is: GOD and the mysterious Cosmos (the order of things) are one and the same. The Cosmos exists. Therefore, so does the mystery some call GOD.

By the power of Love, that is, GOD, with our help, is continually working to bring order out of chaos. Help from moral, ethical, positive (loving) atheists is gratefully accepted. Without deeds, creeds are of no value, IMO.
+Quote Post
Flex
post Jan 07, 2007, 05:53 PM
Post #5

God

Member No.: 5877

I like St. Thomas Aquinas' non-proof for the existance of God.

"The existance of truth is self-evident. For whoever denies the existance of truth grants that truth does not exist: and, if truth does not exist, then the proposition Truth does not exist is true; and if there is anything true, there must be truth. But God is truth itself: I am the way, the truth, and the life (jo.xiv.6). Therefore God exists is self-evident." -- St. Thomas Aquinas (The Summa Theologica, 21).

I love how he assumes that the Bible is truth smile.gif I need to write a book that says "Flex is the way, the truth, and the life" then I will use this non-proof to prove that I am God~
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 07, 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #6

God

From: Markham (Thornhill), part of the greater Toronto area, the GTA, just north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Flex writes
I need to write a book that says "Flex is the way, the truth, and the life" then I will use this non-proof to prove that I am God~
Flex, of course you are GØD . And, when I write this, I am serious.

But then so am I, GØD. Again I am serious.

Having settled this issue, the next step is to answer the question: So, collectively speaking, what is OUR (and others with us) next step?
+Quote Post
Flex
post Jan 07, 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #7

God

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jan 07, 2007, 07:30 PM) *

Flex writes
I need to write a book that says "Flex is the way, the truth, and the life" then I will use this non-proof to prove that I am God~
Flex, of course you are GØD . And, when I write this, I am serious.

But then so am I, GØD. Again I am serious.

Having settled this issue, the next step is to answer the question: So, collectively speaking, what is OUR (and others with us) next step?

Well I do not know if I am god just yet. For me, I find imagination to be the root of God. The reason for my isolation in the dark, depriving my self of sounds etc. was to become God. I was doing these things to hone my senses and nurture my imagination. I am planning on writing my first novel, and I need to practice being well insane. I want to actually go insane for maybe a month to write the novel, actually living in the world I create. In that world I WILL be God. In this one, I am just a part of some system I really don't understand.

I don't know my next step--I will tell you what it was once it happens smile.gif No point in looking to the future really, I have enough to take care of in the present.
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 07, 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #8

God

Who was it said: The past is only a memory; the future is only what we imagine it to be, but the present is all that we have. This is why we call it the present, a gift.
+Quote Post
Flex
post Jan 07, 2007, 10:48 PM
Post #9

God

I don't know, but I remember reading it on a card thingie with a little dog on it in a friends bathroom smile.gif
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Jan 07, 2007, 11:03 PM
Post #10

God

About that book you have in mind: We could make it a dialogue between youth and age, eh?
+Quote Post
Flex
post Jan 07, 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #11

God

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jan 07, 2007, 08:03 PM) *

About that book you have in mind: We could make it a dialogue between youth and age, eh?

Hmm this could work~ I have 3 ideas for novels already planned, but I am sure a fourth could be in the works smile.gif

This is going to be a bit more of a challenge though, as it would only be a combination of fact and fiction... It is a great idea though. --60 years of perspective-- I would have to go through some of our dialogues and try to incorporate some sort of fictional plot line. I actually really like this idea. It could be very Ayn Rand, a perfect way for me to incorporate my philosophies into a novel.
+Quote Post
lcsglvr
post Mar 29, 2007, 10:59 AM
Post #12

Aspiring

Member No.: 7523

Proof(s) only exist in mathematics.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Mar 29, 2007, 11:58 AM
Post #13

Supreme God

Member No.: 3068

And in courts of law. Guilt needs to be proven only beyond "reasonable doubt."
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Mar 29, 2007, 03:31 PM
Post #14

Supreme God

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 845

And in measures of alcohol! And in logical argument. And in prints. lcsglvr seems not to get out of his mathematical box very often.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Mar 29, 2007, 04:19 PM
Post #15

Supreme God

I would settle for a compelling argument for the existence of some god. Gods and heavens have about the same level of existence as fairies dancing on pinheads.
+Quote Post
lcsglvr
post Mar 29, 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #16

Aspiring

Member No.: 7523

QUOTE(Rick @ Mar 29, 2007, 05:19 PM) *

I would settle for a compelling argument for the existence of some god. Gods and heavens have about the same level of existence as fairies dancing on pinheads.

That's great.

And no, I don't get out of boxes much. I am usually stuck in them for quite awhile.
+Quote Post
trojan_libido
post Mar 31, 2007, 02:25 PM
Post #17

God

Member No.: 5681

Can someone please define God. I still don't think the human race has ever sang from the same hymn sheet.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Apr 01, 2007, 02:45 AM
Post #18

Supreme God

Member No.: 3458

QUOTE(trojan_libido @ Mar 31, 2007, 11:25 AM) *

Can someone please define God. I still don't think the human race has ever sang from the same hymn sheet.

You can for example consider this:

1. He/She is a Powerful, Omni-present, and Very wise intellectual being.
2. He/she is good, he/she is All-Mighty on long distances, and not so All-Mighty on short distances.
3. He/she can become All-Mighty on short distances in certain Geographic locations if a strong correlation between Him/Her and humans (present at the mentioned geographic location, or mentally associated with that location) can be established (Mosheyakh concept).
4. He/She manages via fluctuations of different parameters of the nature (please note, that from this point of view Rick can associate God with nature), as low frequency so high his power (like pink noise), so God needs time to change things, that is why Man should pray on advance. But there is a way man can master to short the time God needs to change things, that is the Faith, Hard Work and Free Will.
5. But complex things cannot be described in a simple way. Such approach can lead to Great Misleading. In fact it may turn that He is fully All-Mighty. Do not forget that Einstein persistently was pointing that “God does not cast dies.” Let us not forget about that as well.

Hope Cybernetic definition of God is an interesting one.
Please note, that maybe, at the same time, the Other Party, has similar capabilities as well, but with some differences. The key can be in those differences.

Just like you never know had Tom Bombadill changed the ring while was tricking with Frodo, or not, or does Sauron got control over the mind of the Aragorn when he took the Sphere from the hands of Pipin and got affected by it, and why Sauron did not pay attention to Frodo when his Eye dropped its light on Frodo and the Ring, and instead stoping Frodo, again redirected its sight to the Gates of the Black Land where Aragorn and Gandalf were fighting against Orks? Maybe Sauron had been much more interested that Aragorn (the Elesar) became the King?
+Quote Post
simon
post Apr 01, 2007, 01:49 PM
Post #19

Aspiring

Member No.: 6876

SSSHHHH !!! I think I here God, somewhere behind the silence.
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Apr 01, 2007, 02:50 PM
Post #20

Supreme God

God is merely a word, but its usage causes great conflict and suffering.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Apr 01, 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #21

Supreme God

One correct word can wake up the God Hey Hey.
+Quote Post
Enki
post Apr 01, 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #22

Supreme God

QUOTE(simon @ Apr 01, 2007, 10:49 AM) *

SSSHHHH !!! I think I here God, somewhere behind the silence.

Ho Ho Ho.
+Quote Post
Rick
post Apr 02, 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #23

Supreme God

Here's a proof that god does not exist. It's the famous "problem of evil." If god is all powerful and good, then how do we account for the existence of suffering in the world? Is god choosing to allow us to suffer? If so, he is committing an act of evil, and is therefore not perfect, contradicting our assumption about the "perfect being."
+Quote Post
Enki
post Apr 02, 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #24

Supreme God

QUOTE(Rick @ Apr 02, 2007, 01:21 PM) *

Here's a proof that god does not exist. It's the famous "problem of evil." If god is all powerful and good, then how do we account for the existence of suffering in the world? Is god choosing to allow us to suffer? If so, he is committing an act of evil, and is therefore not perfect, contradicting our assumption about the "perfect being."

The key explanation Rick can be quite simple: He/She is not so All-Mighty as people think.
God operates in the low-frequency range of fluctuations spectrum, in pink noise area, so He/She needs time to change things.

In fact, it may turn so that actually we are not well aware about His/Her real problems.
Besides He/She is an Individual being and has own Temper, so God can be shy, can be offended, can love and can be angry. But as one of the wisest persons in the Universe He/She should be good.

So, on short distances evil can dominate, but at long distances God should prevail. Only Man is able to make this long distance shorter.

You know, it is simple Physics. (But it may turn so that not only the God dwells there ...)
+Quote Post
Rick
post Apr 03, 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #25

Supreme God

Back in the middle ages, it was heresy (penalized by burning, etc.) to suggest that the currently fashionable notion of god was not all-powerful. That's why the office of the inquisition was created. Too many upstart sects were hypothesizing that there were rival evil gods, etc., so that the main god wasn't really the big cheese he was cracked up to be. I think fairies dancing on pinheads might actually be more likely than a god to exist, given what we don't know about quantum mechanics. The flying spaghetti monster might be more likely.

http://www.venganza.org/
+Quote Post
Lindsay
post Apr 03, 2007, 07:11 PM
Post #26

God

QUOTE(trojan_libido @ Mar 31, 2007, 11:25 AM) *

TJ, my suggestion to you is: Define god as you conceive god to be. This is what I have done. Until "He" tells me to stop, I will continue to do so; and I invite you to do like wise. If John, one of the Apostles, defined God by saying, "God is Love", you can cast out all fear, right? smile.gif
====
+Quote Post
Enki
post Apr 09, 2007, 07:46 PM
Post #27

Supreme God

QUOTE(Rick @ Apr 03, 2007, 08:29 AM) *

Back in the middle ages, it was heresy (penalized by burning, etc.) to suggest that the currently fashionable notion of god was not all-powerful. That's why the office of the inquisition was created. Too many upstart sects were hypothesizing that there were rival evil gods, etc., so that the main god wasn't really the big cheese he was cracked up to be. I think fairies dancing on pinheads might actually be more likely than a god to exist, given what we don't know about quantum mechanics. The flying spaghetti monster might be more likely.

http://www.venganza.org/

Thank you Rick for reminding about the fire. Those times have already passed. Inquisition is over and will never regain its original destructive power. We are standing on the verge of establishment of a new and proactive religious thinking fully based on scientific perception of the world and proper Imagination of the Unimaginable.

Humanity needs such outlook because it must move forward. Proactive framework is needed. And in view of that my idea related with (i) restricted power of Good God/Gods on short time periods and (ii) significant power on long time periods, and (iii) how to make that time long period shorter will become the base foundation of this new scientific theology of 21 century. The concept of total All-mightiness must be verbally revised or should be discarded, that total All-mightiness makes God an evil dictator-experimentalists. The Paradox of Epicurus must be overcome.

Let me here to use some demagogical approach:
1) Mankind vitally needs new outlook. And I have no doubts that it will be created with the help of many wise people loving the true Wisdom.
2) The war must be over and the harmony must be established: Republic of People under spiritual guidance of the Republic of Heavens. Harmony you know.

Atheism and atheists must be burned! smile.gif
+Quote Post
Hey Hey
post Apr 11, 2007, 02:59 AM
Post #28

Supreme God

QUOTE(Enki @ Apr 10, 2007, 01:46 AM) *
Atheism and atheists must be burned! smile.gif
Then we would not even have non-believers in the unbelievable. Ah, true freedom from religion at last ...... Oh, I forgot, you did mean after burning the theists, didn't you?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2019 - 07:25 PM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

BrainMeta is supported by:

The Neurological Foundation & CerebralHealth.com

BrainMeta is enhanced by:

UVISI: Universal Virtual Intelligence Singularity Infinity
info@uvisi.com