Reply to this topicStart new topic
> opening
Dan
post May 12, 2003, 08:32 AM
Post #61

God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 96

I don't think the 'tests' are necessary, Num.  I GUARANTEE that people don't fly (unassisted), and if you can prove otherwise you can make $1,000,000 dollars.

1.  clearly nobody is going to 'fly' by running real fast and flapping their arms.  If you don't understand this, go try and see what happens.

2. nobody is going to bloat with helium to a volume of 100's of cubic meters.  

3.  although this image is funny, it is absurd to actually consider as a real possibility

4.  antigravitation would only be possible with a 'device' (and even that is highly dubious as a possibility)

5.  as for your amazing physical theories on how to fly (employing such words as 'quantum' and 'string'), all I can say is "Build it!" and I'll give you $1,000,000 for your idea

until such a time when magical faeries sprinkle us with faerie dust, people won't fly (unassisted)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
joe
post May 12, 2003, 09:14 AM
Post #62

Unregistered

You left out Divine power, what the bible says about a man being able to walk on water without breaking surface tension and sinking. Or there are other scientific studies, one done by Baird Spalding a scientist who studied the eastern masters and their abnormal abilities. I say abnormal only because what is taken for granted as normal is just what one knows as popular belief and experience.
+Quote Post
numinoso
post May 12, 2003, 10:19 AM
Post #63

Awakening

Member No.: 342

Dan, thanks for taking me seriously. I really was worried whether my ideas have some practical value or not.

Still, I'm not so convinced about the antigravitation. Einstein said you only need to bend space a little, and there you go. And who knows on what level space is linked to the universal consciousness which I hope you don't doubt is the underlying essence of everything.

Also I'm curious about the other possibility. Do you really have $ 1.000.000 at your disposal? If yes, then I might perhaps find a better reason for you to give me them.

And I do know that there's the nagual which is a multi-purpose word for anything that is not in the tonal. Meaning, you don't need more than switching your consciousness from here to there, until you can fly.

All in all, it makes more sense to believe that you could fly, even if you can't, because if you disbelieve you will isolate yourself from any possibility of ever finding out.

(I was serious about the $ 1.000.000. It's not much, considered what is worth there, but it still is something to begin with.)
+Quote Post
Dan
post May 12, 2003, 10:35 AM
Post #64

God

Joe:
I'm not a big fan of pretending that magic may be literally true just because I haven't stuck a probe up the magician's butt

Num:
the $1,000,000 would be a loan, but if I got an antigravitation device for it I would easily make jillions of dollars back.  However, www.randi.org does have the $1,000,000 immediately accessible to anybody who can prove 'paranormal' claims.  As for your argument about believing in the impossible as a psychological tool of opening one's worldview, I'm not totally against this.  However I think that such beliefs can easily lead from openness to delusion, quickly negating any benefit.
+Quote Post
numinoso
post May 12, 2003, 10:51 AM
Post #65

Awakening

Yes, that's true. That's why I don't try to learn flying myself. I could fall off the window and break my neck.

Also I don't mind if there never will be a teacher who shows me flying. I'm not even waiting for one. In fact, flying isn't at all at my list of priorities.

But I wouldn't wanna pass out from repulsion of mind because of tags saying 'impossible' if someone should happen to fly in front of my very eyes. I would rather try to grasp my chance and find out how it works.

However, it's kind of a theoretical discussion we're doing here; I suppose there are more pending issues around.
+Quote Post
numinoso
post May 12, 2003, 10:53 AM
Post #66

Awakening

But it still is funny to hear your wording:

I GUARANTEE that people don't fly (unassisted)...

It sounds like you are God himself and have made all the little laws this universe so desperately needs to function.
+Quote Post
Dan
post May 12, 2003, 11:27 AM
Post #67

God

I like to think of myself as well-informed

8)
+Quote Post
The_Raven
post May 12, 2003, 11:42 AM
Post #68

Unregistered

there are alot of poston this one thingie magig
+Quote Post
angelroze
post May 12, 2003, 01:13 PM
Post #69

Demi-God

Member No.: 31

yea.. maybe they lke talking to eah other huh?
+Quote Post
The_Raven
post May 12, 2003, 01:18 PM
Post #70

Unregistered

yeah
+Quote Post
pariah
post May 15, 2003, 10:12 AM
Post #71

Member No.: 351

no, you are not not-you which means that you are you

I guess

tongue.gif

I used to be me but then fought over myself for control of I.
So now I refuse to talk to myself without proper guidance from me.
Too bad I and me aren't speaking to myself anymore.

;D >:( 8)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 06:18 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

BrainMeta is supported by:

The Neurological Foundation & CerebralHealth.com

BrainMeta is enhanced by:

UVISI: Universal Virtual Intelligence Singularity Infinity
info@uvisi.com