Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> check it out: i am not doing anything!
Dan
post Nov 02, 2003, 06:54 PM
Post #31

God

Group: Basic Member
Member No.: 96

does this mean you have no opinion?

???
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Shawn
post Nov 02, 2003, 07:03 PM
Post #32

God

Group: Full Member
Member No.: 9

[quote author=Dan link=board=6;threadid=2856;start=#msg15392 date=1067817294]
does this mean you have no opinion?

???
[/quote]

http://brainmeta.com/ethics.php

no hard feelings. There are rare occasions when I prefer not to be associated with my admin status, as it allows me to say more of what I mean on topics that I otherwise wouldn't get involved in, and the anonymity allows me to avoid having to deal with irrelevant personal comments or ad hominems. I'm sure you understand and can judge for yourself how well that went.

In any event, it's probably not such a good idea to press one's luck, particularly where power's involved. Know what I mean, jellybean? wink.gif
+Quote Post
v3d4
post Nov 03, 2003, 12:25 PM
Post #33

Aspiring

Member No.: 532

all right now that's out of the way,

i wanna lay this down on ya: i been thinking bout it and i decided it doesnt matter.
free will vs. determinism , subjectless universe, objectless universe, meh... its both pointless and fruitless to even think about it this much, or anymore.
remember i mentioned the self refential thing? well godel showed his thing, turing came along and showed theres no loigcal/mathmatical/mechanical way to determine which formulas are provable or not.... 'this statement is false' ... 'i have free will'

changing around the definitions doesnt answer anything, theres no way to test or find out, and most importantly in my mind, either way, everything works out the same.

it doesnt matter. when i read, uh i mean my friend, yeah that's it, my friend pinkbear, well when my friend pinkbear reads those trashy romance novels, she gets a kick out of the descritpions of the farmhand's muscles rippling and his bronze skin glistening with sweat in the noonday sun, she heaves right along with the heaving breasts, she's frightened by the danger of the young lovers being discovered by sneaky mcbadguy, she laughs, she cries, even tho the ending is already resolved into a happy one and printed out on the last few pages of the book.

so thats what i think. it doesnt matter if the ending to the story is already worked out or not, the important part is getting there.
+Quote Post
Dan
post Nov 03, 2003, 12:53 PM
Post #34

God

Member No.: 96

[quote]In any event, it's probably not such a good idea to press one's luck, particularly where power's involved. Know what I mean, jellybean? [/quote]
the question is, do I care?
wink.gif
+Quote Post
Joesus
post Nov 03, 2003, 01:27 PM
Post #35

Supreme God

Member No.: 601

[quote]the question is, do I care?[/quote]
The answer to that question is that whether you care or not is irrelevant to anyone but you. For unless you openly announce your feelings no one will know, and most won't care if you do anyway....user posted image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2019 - 04:25 AM

Home     |     About     |    Research     |    Forum     |    Feedback  

Copyright BrainMeta. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use  |  Last Modified Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 am

BrainMeta is supported by:

The Neurological Foundation & CerebralHealth.com

BrainMeta is enhanced by:

UVISI: Universal Virtual Intelligence Singularity Infinity
info@uvisi.com